La Maschera Di Cera - LuxAde CD (album) cover

LUXADE

La Maschera Di Cera

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Menswear
5 stars Bene, molto prego.

To hear it is better, so have a peek at Youtube and ask for the video of 'Orpheus'. It's not the best thing since sliced bread, but the music will probably strike you and it charmed me quickly: twirling flute, great analog keyboards and an especially catchy chorus gave me the need to hear more...and to finally get the record.

I am never disappointed with Le Masque de Cire: from the jazzy side of Camel (Nuova Luce), to the heavy fuzz bass support (Orpheus and Enclicica), the never-too-loud mellotron and the Gabriel-powerman vocals; everthing fits and goes with the flow of a coherent record a la Genesis.

Amateurs of Foxtrot and Camel cannot make a mistake here: it's what came between me and the Italiano Progressive Rock, took my shaky hands in his; so reconciliation was made, new friends were born and now I am absolutely over the moon with this band.

As good as the Great Labyrinth, which means a vintage approach with a flawless production.

Menswear | 5/5 |