Kansas - Masque CD (album) cover

MASQUE

Kansas

Andrea Cortese
4 stars In the last weeks I listened to Kansas discography deeply. What I found is that Masque is a strong record and the most favorite of mine.

Yes, it is.

Kansas' third record is less proggy than the mythic Song for America but I think people use to misunderstand its strenght and to loose the true point.

Masque is where the band starts to play a more balanced music which is no less exciting. Each of the tracks is an a wonderful gem from the more "serious" Pinancle and Icarus to the more "simple" It's You and Two Cents Worth.

And how about the superb and melodic effort of All Over the World? I can't deny... I've fallen in love with it! It's the most intriguing of all the tunes. Great vocals by Steve Walsh and superb symphonic atmosphere. Just where the previous Song for America fails to touch the key (excellent album but it lacks of good melodies despite of a pair of classic pieces) Masque reaches the peak.

4.5 stars