Genesis - Foxtrot CD (album) cover

FOXTROT

Genesis

Dobermensch
2 stars Inherently there's not much wrong with 'Foxtrot' from a technical point of view. It's played well enough, It's produced well enough, the lyrics are ok, the cover is great.... it's just that... it's boring... I've always had a soft spot for Peter Gabriel - he has a very distinctive singing voice that I could recognise anywhere. I'm always amazed that no one really gave Fish from Marillion a hard time over the obvious plagiarism that took place over their first three albums from '83 to '85, although in my opinion Marillion were far better.

Basically if I was inviting a girl round for dinner, this is one of the last albums I'd play because of the stigma that 70's Genesis have in the world of music. It's all a bit too 'poncey' and 'airy fairy' for my liking with nothing that really sticks out. In a word... unmemorable.

Dobermensch | 2/5 |