Tangerine Dream - Atem CD (album) cover

ATEM

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

ZowieZiggy
3 stars This album is a more conventional TD work and more digestible album than their prior and much debated ''Zeit''.

''Atem'' is a fine preview of even better things to come (''Phaedra''). The magic operates almost throughout this album even if the title track overshadows the whole of this work.

It is actually a good album which will bring you to the boundaries of our musical system. But so will they do for a long time. It is just incredible to imagine that this music was released some thirty-five years ago! Rather underground and avant-garde at the time, the band could impose its views and became a solid actor in the music industry.

One flaw maybe here: the average ''Circulation Of Events''. But the whole is again a wonderful trip to the outer world. I guess that this is what we all are looking for while listening to TD.

A special mention to the mysterious ''Fauni Gena''. It is my fave from the album and a very emotional, but cold (or icy?) anthem. So is the work of this important band.

Three stars.