Sigur Rós - Takk... CD (album) cover

TAKK...

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

UMUR
4 stars Takk... is the fourth ( excluding remix albums and soundtracks) full-length studio album by Icelandic post rock/ experimental rock act Sigur Ros. I´ve greatly enjoyed both of the previous albums by Sigur Ros. The wonderful and melancholic Ágćtis Byrjun (1999) and the even more melancholic and atmospheric ( ) (2002). Great albums that I´ve listened to a lot lately. Takk... continues down the same path.

The music on Takk... doesn´t hold many surprises if you´re familiar with the two previous albums. It´s melancholic and atmospheric post rock/ experimental rock with Jónsi Birgission´s beautiful and high pitched vocals in front. The music is generally slow building and repetitive but not in a trivial way. The music has got an organic sound that I greatly enjoy. The album is rather long with its 65:33 minutes but it never gets trivial and all songs are of high quality.

The musicianship is emotional. Sigur Ros music is not complex but the compositions are still built in a clever way that emphasize emotion and atmosphere.

The production is gorgous. Dynamic and well sounding.

Takk... is another great album by Sigur Ros and my only complaint is that it doesn´t bring much new to the table. As a consequence I don´t hold Takk... in as high regard as Ágćtis Byrjun ( which it is closest to in sound and style) and ( ) but it is still a 4 star album. Beautiful melancholy.

UMUR | 4/5 |