Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

THICK AS A BRICK

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

The Runaway
4 stars Thick As A Brick is an excellent album and some might even say a masterpiece, and I think it's great too, but not as great as a real prog masterpiece. I'll explain why so you guys understand, some of this album is a waste.

The first side is great and very versatile, and I enjoyed every minute of the 23 minutes the first side presents. The other side, on the other hand, is a bit of a bore, and sort of sounds like the first side re-arranged, and even copy-pasted sometimes. The 2nd side is mainly the parts of the first side (3:05 up till the end) in a new arrangement (not musically, but orderly).

Thick As A Brick is an excellent album and a great addition to any prog collection.

4/5 and a recommendation from me.

The Runaway | 4/5 |