Can - Landed  CD (album) cover

Krautrock

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars Not bad.

Once again, we have an album of nice, slightly deranged Euro-tunes, driven along by Jaki Liebezeit's frenetic percussion tracks. And I must admit, I find guitarist Michael Karoli's solos much more pleasing to my ears than on most other Can albums.

There seems to be a consensus that "Vernal Equinox" and "Unfinished" are the best tracks on this album, but I keep going back to "Hunters And Collectors" as my favorite, probably for it's eeriness.

I can't help thinking, when listening to "Unfinished", that Can was the inspiration for David Bowie for the sound collage pieces on his Berlin albums. I like Can's results much better. Plus, you don't have to listen to Bowie's pop songs to get to them.

Evolver | 3/5 |