LANDED

Krautrock

Can Landed  album cover

Buy CAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Full moon on the Hihghway (3:28)
2. Half past One (4:34)
3. Hunters and Collectors (4:17)
4. Vernal Equinox (8:39)

- Irmin Schmidt / keyboards, Alpha 77, vocals on No. 1

Guests:
- Olaf Kuebler / sax on Red hot Indian

Lps-Spoon records

CAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAN Landed Music

SoundtracksSoundtracks
Vinyl$17.49
Can - Ege Bamyasi (NEW CD) US $17.42 Buy It Now 29m 49s
JASON DONOVAN 7" single NOTHING CAN DIVIDE US US $5.32 Buy It Now 29m 50s
JOHN TRAVOLTA 7" single SANDY / CAN'T LET YOU GO year 1978 MADE IN FRANCE US $6.49 Buy It Now 29m 50s
JOEY LAWRENCE cassette single NOTHIN MY LOVE CAN'T FIX US $4.36 Buy It Now 29m 50s
JUDY BOUCHER 7" vinyl record CAN'T BE WITH YOU TONIGHT 1986 US $6.47 Buy It Now 29m 50s
Guy Forsyth - Can You Live Without (NEW CD) US $21.47 Buy It Now 30m 7s
The Stray Cats - "Rock This Town" - "You Can't Hury Love" 45 RPM Record, 1981 US $5.00 Buy It Now 31m 54s
TANITA TIKARAM Can't Go Back UKRAINE import 2CD - UKR US $19.12 Buy It Now 31m 57s
No One Can Do It Better by US $19.99 Buy It Now 32m 45s
GETO BOYS " WE CAN'T BE STOPPED " ** DOUBLE COLOURED VINYL ** LTD EDITION US $27.55 Buy It Now 33m 33s
Rebecca Hall 45 RPM Unplayed Promo - Who Says Girls Can't - 21 T1-111 DJ US $6.79 Buy It Now 33m 35s
Traffic~Analogue CAN Reissue LP John Barleycorn must die EX Jazz folk Prog 80's US $16.20 Buy It Now 34m 1s
Mansun-I Can Only Disappoint U CD SINGLE US $3.23 Buy It Now 34m 41s
TYRONE DAVIS How Sweet It Is b/w I Can't Wait STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 34m 54s
ANGEL 20th Century Foxes b/w Can You Feel It STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 34m 54s
Dennis Jr - How Can I Reach You - Jazid - 1996 #137676 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 2s
Green Cloud - Can Ya Get The Groove Green Cloud #341625 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 3s
Can Whitney Feel It? - Fing 1 - 1999 #32634 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 5s
Detune - Just Can't Get Enough - Gp Records #248415 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 5s
Hot / Can You Feel (Remixes) Blue Swan Music 2 #237294 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 6s
BOB WELCH S.O.S. b/w Can't Hold Your Love Back STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 35m 7s
ZAPP I Can Make You Dance (Part I) b/w (Part II) STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 35m 7s
Starlet Djs - Can't Stop - Club Hit 2 - 2005 #162294 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 8s
Tokyo Speed Feat Tara Rocks - Can You Feel It #289786 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 9s
Duplex - Can You Hear Me - Rude Boy - 1999 #125190 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 9s
The Gift Of Life - Jus Can't Give Up Solid Soul #127273 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 11s
Soulsearcher - Can't Get Enough Slick Dick Ghst #44045 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 11s
Nouveaubeats - Can U Handle Big Boss Records 20 #239678 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 12s
Solu Feat Kai Martin - Can't Help Myself - 2004 #150055 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 14s
Michael Bolton(12" Vinyl)How Can We Be Lovers--655918 6-UK-VG/VG US $10.99 Buy It Now 35m 14s
Carolyn(12" Vinyl)Can't Get In---UK-Ex/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 35m 15s
Sonic Surgery - Do It Dirty - Sound Can Kill 1 #201807 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 19s
Steve Housestone - You Can Fly - Muschitunes #127482 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 21s
Julien R - Can You Feel It - Fine Tune - 2005 #170617 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 22s
Can I Have It Like That / Web Talk (Remixes) #170771 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 26s
Maario Ochoa - Can You Feel It - Fine Tune #129866 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 28s
Jay-J Feat. Wade Love - You Can Live (Get Up) #341803 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 34s
Brownstone - I Can't Tell You Why - Mjj Music #349551 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 39s
Louise Thomas - I Can Fly - Nightmare Records #342237 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 48s
Da Lata - Can It Be / Reeling - Palm Beats #125009 US $4.85 Buy It Now 35m 50s
Dynamix Presents Inda Matrix No Man Can Tame Me #78373 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 9s
Just Can't Wait (Saturday) (Disc 1) - CR2 #146166 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 11s
We Can Make It Happen - Electric Ice - 1985 #135220 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 11s
Can't Wait For The Day (Club Mix & Dub) - 1991 #417427 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 12s
Marie Miller - Can't Slow Down - Small Dog #307700 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 12s
M People - How Can I Love You More (Remixes) #138463 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 14s
Rawsoul Orchestra Ft Sybille - Can't You See #133892 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 17s
House Of Jazz Presents - How Can I Get You Back #38166 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 18s
The Anr Men - I Can't Hear You - Anr 12 - 1997 #132362 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 25s
TORANTO Your Daddy Don't Know b/w Why Can't We Talk STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 36m 27s
DJ Kool - How Low Can You Go - Creative Funk #324392 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 28s
Nelson - I Say You Can't Stop - Diamond Trax #230872 US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 29s
LESLEY DUNCAN vinyl record I CAN SEE WHERE I'M GOING US $4.85 Buy It Now 36m 30s
LAURYN HILL cassette single X FACTOR / CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU US $4.36 Buy It Now 36m 30s
LES CARLE 7"vinyl record CAN'T GET USED TO LOSING YOU on embassy US $16.22 Buy It Now 36m 30s
FANTASY There Can Never Be Another You b/w Believe Me STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 41s
45 RPM, #174,R&B,Soul, Jimmy Soul, I Can't Hold Out Much Longer. S.P.Q.R 3300 US $2.89 Buy It Now 38m 48s
1972 STEELY DAN - CAN'T BUY A THRILL MCA Coral 37040 Vinyl LP Reeling 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 38m 50s
Full Force - Can I Get Your Number - 1994 #311270 US $4.85 Buy It Now 39m 12s
Can I by Montell Jordan (CD, Feb-1998, Universal/Polygram) US $0.99 [0 bids]
39m 12s
Billy Squire Rock Me Tonight NM/Can't Get Next To You NM 1984 Hard Rock 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 40m 9s
Pet Shop Boys CAN YOU FORGIVE HER? Dutch 4-trk CD Maxi Single Slim Jewel Case US $15.99 Buy It Now 40m 10s
HEY BROTHER...CAN YOU SPARE SOME SKA..................FREE SHIPPING US $4.49 Buy It Now 40m 41s
FOUR SURE 1993 "We Can Swing It" LP (Ruffhouse) SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 41m 31s
Doo Wop. The Larks - It's Unbelievable/I Can't Believe It US $19.99 [0 bids]
41m 48s
Pet Shop Boys CAN YOU FORGIVE HER? Dutch 2-trk CD Single Cardboard PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 42m 4s
Can You Feel It? [Digipak] by Campbell Brothers (The) (CD, Jun-2005, Ropeadope ( US $7.00 Buy It Now 43m 50s
Can'tneverdidnothin' [PA] by Nikka Costa (CD, May-2005, Virgin) US $8.00 Buy It Now 43m 53s
The Maccabees - Can You Give It NEW CD SINGLE US $3.07 Buy It Now 44m 7s
You Can Depend on Me by Ruby Braff (CD, Sep-1998, Arbors) US $8.00 Buy It Now 45m 47s
Pet Shop Boys CAN YOU FORGIVE HER? UK 4-trk CD Single Cardboard PS CDR6348 US $11.24 Buy It Now 45m 49s
YOU CAN COUNT ON ME - CHAMING CHILDREN'S SONGS by JOHN & ANGELA TAYLOR CD *NEW* US $4.79 Buy It Now 46m 34s
Barry Manilow Can't Smile with you 7" Flashback Records US $1.99 Buy It Now 47m 32s
DION AND THE BELMONTS - NO ONE KNOWS / I CAN'T GO ON (ROSALIE) - LAURIE 45RPM US $9.75 [0 bids]
48m 39s
NOS FREDDIE WATERS....YOU CAN MAKE IT IF YOU TRY US $12.00 Buy It Now 49m 11s
Parker, Graham - You Can'T Be Too Strong (NEW CD) US $8.42 Buy It Now 49m 23s
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR:THE LEAST WE CAN DO+5 US $11.34 Buy It Now 49m 27s
Big Bill Big Bill Broonzy - Can'T Be Satisfied (NEW CD) US $10.93 Buy It Now 49m 57s
Sanchez - Can We Talk (NEW CD) US $14.98 Buy It Now 50m 14s
Rezillos - Can't Stand The Rezillos (NEW CD) US $10.93 Buy It Now 50m 22s
R.E.M. "Can't Get There From Here" Original 45 Promo With Picture Sleeve US $19.99 Buy It Now 51m 24s
BOB DYLAN 7'' PS Can You Please Crawl Out France Jukebox CBS 1900 French rare 45 US $162.16 Buy It Now 51m 25s
BOB DYLAN 7'' PS Can You Please Crawl Denmark very rare CBS 1900 Danish 45 US $243.26 Buy It Now 51m 26s
The LAST WORD-VERY RARE Orig. 45-"Can't Stop Loving You"-1967 Garage Rocker-EX US $7.37 Buy It Now 51m 32s
DARTS DADDY COOL THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT 7" 45 RPM PROMO US $5.00 Buy It Now 51m 46s
BILLIE HAYS I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION 7" 45 RPM 1978 PROMO VINYL ROCK US $4.99 Buy It Now 51m 46s
JOHNNY GILL "CAN'T WAIT TIL TOMORROW" 12" PROMO FUNK SOUL R & B US $3.99 Buy It Now 52m 28s
Can't Fight This Feeling R.E.O. Speedwagon 12" TA 4880 VG/VG US $12.96 Buy It Now 53m 17s
Muddy Waters - Can't Get No Grindin' LP, Chess 1973 orange/blue labels- NM US $16.00 [0 bids]
53m 22s
Rare ! Scarce ! Sammy Davis, Jr. "Yes I Can /Courage" Reprise 7" vinyl US $218.94 [0 bids]
54m 37s
Z.Z. Hill it can be fixed/you better take time 7" vinyl MHR Records MH224 US $8.50 Buy It Now 54m 51s
PIPER / Can't Wait / 1977 MINT MINUS LP US $8.95 Buy It Now 54m 56s
Oh Dear What Can The Matter Be? & Ten Little Indians - 1949 Red VOCO Record US $3.99 [0 bids]
54m 59s
Jimmy Hamilton - Can'T Help Swinging (Us Mono Red/Silver) Rvg Dg (Prestige) Lp US $65.00 Buy It Now 55m 10s
The Cars - Why Can't I Have You - Rock 45 UNPLAYED US $5.99 Buy It Now 55m 24s
BAREFOOT JERRY You Can't Get Off With Your Shoes On MONUMENT LP Southern Rock US $3.99 [1 bids]
56m 4s
SHEB WOOLEY, The Purple People Eater / I Can't Believe You're Mine 45rpm US $12.00 Buy It Now 57m
the music explosion-can't stop now & sunshine games-45 RPM LAURIE W/SLEEVE-VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 57m 10s
BOWIE-GOLDEN YEARS-C/W-CAN YOU HEAR ME-RCA2540 US $4.85 Buy It Now 57m 49s
Valdy~Origina CAN 2nd LP Landscapes NM 1973 Folk Rock Haida US $15.30 Buy It Now 57m 53s

More places to buy CAN music online Buy CAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAN Landed ratings distribution

CAN Landed reviews

Review by corbet
4 stars Even though many people respect Can, they always say not to venture past Soon Over Babaluma. This is strange. I think it is a shame, for at the very least, it has prevented the world at large from discovering one track in particular: Vernal Equinox. At about half the length of other acknowledged Can classics (Halleluwah, Bel Air) Vernal is their more dense but equally potent cousin. And in terms of sheer Can energy, it is the undisputed king of their discography. Michael Karoli's amplifier sounds like it is on the verge of exploding as he rips the best solos of his career, and Jaki works his drumkit like a hyperactive computer. How can you go wrong? In addition to the remaining shorter songs (which are quirky and great), you also get "Unfinished" -- their most blissed out instrumental yet. Really. CAN FANS: by all means investigate this album, one of the essentials!

Send comments to corbet (BETA) | Report this review (#23286) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 17, 2004

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars As the preceding ones were all on Spoon record, this one boasts a major change as well as being released on Virgin: the sound. This probably explains that as Virgin insisted on better sound engineering and what a difference it makes. Much clearer and more dynamic, the music gained everything from it. Too bad most fans tend to disregard this - solely because of the label change because the music and the studios are the same. THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS ANOTHER CLASSIC AND A SECOND PEAK AFTER TAGO AND EGE. However the following albums will not be quite this good and the sound will be more commercial (I don't know if the sales will be, though) and Holger Czukay will gradually be less involved with the band but will still produce the albums. For the rest I can only suggest you to read Mr. Corbet's excellent review as I wish I had the patience to describe every number such as he does.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#23287) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2004

4 stars For me this was a big improvment over the prevoius album "Soon Over Babaluma". And I highly recommend CAN fans get this one if they don't already own it, if only to hear the amazing "Vernal Equinox".

"Full Moon On The Highway" really has a 60's vibe in my opinion. The guitar is abrasive and that beat is relentless. "Half Past One" is slower paced with almost spoken vocals. Organ a minute in.The krautrock spirit is alive and well in this one. Some intricate guitar as well. "Hunters And Collectors" is probably the most controvrsial tune on here, but also the one that will stick in your head for days. It's interesting to say the least. Vocals are the focus, and for the first time I don't regret that Damo is gone.

"Vernal Equinox" is one of CAN's best songs ever. It's aggressive as drums and guitar dominate. Scorching guitar 1 1/2 minutes in. We get a spacey vibe though 3 1/2 minutes in. Guitar is back after 5 minutes ripping it up. "Red Hot Indians" begins with percussion as sax then vocals join in. More sax 3 1/2 minutes in. Percussion and guitar lead the rest of the way. "Unfinished" has a Post-Rock flavour to it. Lots of experimental sounds before it settles down 2 minutes in. It gets spacey and louder 5 1/2 minutes in. Guitar and piano rise out of the spacey atmosphere briefly 11 minutes in. This is a trip !

CAN's last great album in my opinion and a well deserved 4 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#180803) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 25, 2008

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars Not bad.

Once again, we have an album of nice, slightly deranged Euro-tunes, driven along by Jaki Liebezeit's frenetic percussion tracks. And I must admit, I find guitarist Michael Karoli's solos much more pleasing to my ears than on most other Can albums.

There seems to be a consensus that "Vernal Equinox" and "Unfinished" are the best tracks on this album, but I keep going back to "Hunters And Collectors" as my favorite, probably for it's eeriness.

I can't help thinking, when listening to "Unfinished", that Can was the inspiration for David Bowie for the sound collage pieces on his Berlin albums. I like Can's results much better. Plus, you don't have to listen to Bowie's pop songs to get to them.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#221835) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 19, 2009

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars It wasn't till the end of the 80's that I discovered Can. Landed was one of the first albums I heard and it blew me away right from the start. The sound and rhythm on this album was not like anything I had ever heard from 70's bands. I was a big fan of Tuxedo Moon back then and I was amazed to hear that so much of their avant-garde sounds had already been done by a band this early in the 70's. Especially Half Past One must have been a huge source of inspiration.

There's quite a lot of stuff here that is really weird. Vernal Equinox and Red Hot Indians are experimental jazz you should reserve for moments when you're really relaxed and comfortable. Due to the demanding nature of the music they are certainly not recommended when you've got a concentration demanding task on your hands. By contrast, the openers Full Moon and Half Past One listen away easily (for Cans terms). Both catchy and direct. Unfinished is more abstract and absolutely stunning.

Easily 4 stars for this album that opened the Can for me.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#245224) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 19, 2009

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Stranded" is the 7th full-length studio album by German experimental/psychadelic rock act Can and the second album after the departure of lead vocalist Damo Suzuki. The album was released through Virgin Records in September 1975. While the last couple of releases very both reasonably strong itīs was hard not to notice the decline in quality compared to the early releases by the band and "Stranded" continues down the downward quality spiral.

Stylistically the music on "Stranded" is very similar to the music on "Soon Over Babaluma (1974)". Itīs just a bit more easily accessible. "Stranded" is still characterized by the trademark repetitive beats and both "Vernal Equinox", and the 13:20 minutes long closing track "Unfinished", feature the usual psychadelic experiments, as do the other shorter tracks, albeit in smaller doses.

Can are still an exceptionally well playing band and that of course is one of the greatest assets on the album, when the songwriting isnīt as interesting as it used to be. The sound production isnīt as interesting as it could have been either and it actually sounds a bit cold to my ears. So all in all an album that leaves me a bit biased. Some parts are pretty great but it ultimately lacks the magic that the best albums by the band feature. A 3 - 3.5 star (65%) rating is deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#255826) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 13, 2009

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars An apt title, given the journeys into space (Babaluma), another dimension (Future Days) and the most psychotic depths of the mind (Tago and Ege) that the previous albums took the listener on. This is the first Can album to sound, if not normal (which it really doesn't), then like they're trying to sound like something approaching "normal." Except for a big ugly mess at the end, and a surprisingly (for the better) heavy instrumental in the middle, these songs are all regular rock songs at their cores, and that's definitely a novelty for Can. Of course, that also means that the band loses much of its identity as the perpetual groundbreaking machine, churning out new genres and sounds for other bands to recombine into other forms later, and it definitely doesn't help that (with one exception) these "regular" songs aren't particularly interesting, but it's still kinda neat to hear Can breaking off into new (for them) directions.

"Vernal Equinox" is the aforementioned heavy instrumental, and it manages to rule immensely while taking a rather different route from the kinds of instrumental work the band had done before. Whereas Jaki and Holger are relatively subdued during the rest of the album (they no longer stand out as the most robotic rhythm machine in the world), here they get to sound like, I dunno, like the Deep Purple rhythm section in a particularly good performance of the jam section of "Space Trucking" (with the added bonus that Jaki gets to spend some time playing with his futuristic proto-electronic drum sounds). In other words, really fast, and really tight. Karoli and Schmidt, meanwhile, just go absolutely nuts on this track as foils towards one another, especially Karoli (this album may arguably be his peak with the band) who gets to abrasively shred like he had never been fully given the chance to before. The album, frankly, is worth picking up if only for this track.

The opening "Full Moon on the Highway" is also an all-out success, a song that would be a fine straight-ahead rocker with wonderful guitar work and a terse vocal delivery but that also has the voices in the chorus processed into oblivion and has neat effects in the low-pitched keys. Ever wonder what 60's hard-rock would sound like if done by Germans that looked as coldly decadent as the guys appear on the front cover? This is your answer, and the answer is creepily great!

The other numbers, unfortunately, aren't anywhere near as successful as those two. "Half Past One" can't help but bother the heck out of me in that Karoli doesn't seem to realize that speaking in near-constant pitch is not the same as singing, and this attempt at sounding "moody" (I guess) like the backing track just seems like total failure to me. "Hunters and Collectors" stands out to me in that Karoli sounds eerily like a German Syd Barrett at times, which makes this weird attempt at something resembling "poppiness" kinda enjoyable, but it would never be counted as a highlight for the band. "Red Hot Indians" is notable only for the strange presence of a saxophone, and the giant atonal sound mess that is "Unfinished" probably should have stayed unreleased (gee, I'm sure nobody has ever made that pun before). There are some moments here and there that more or less work, but as a whole, it comes off as a third-rate "Aumgn," and that's not a good thing.

All in all, while I'm not thrilled with much of the album, a *** seems about right because the two clearly good tracks are so wonderful, and the ones that aren't "Unfinished" are basically listenable. Regardless, don't sweat this if you can't find it easily.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#306016) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 21, 2010

2 stars Can - Landed People who don't get CAN usually say this is their best work (for some unknown reason). I think CAN is one of five greatest bands in prog rock history and greatest one in krautrock sub genre. Their albums brought new view to rock music, improvisation, experimentalism, avant, minimali ... (read more)

Report this review (#281530) | Posted by alionida | Wednesday, May 12, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Well, I'm going to keep this review brief, because if I were to try talking too much about this album, all that would happen is that I'd either end up sounding like a CAN fan boy and endlessly talk about how good Vernal Equinox and Unfinished are, or I would sound like someone with nothing bette ... (read more)

Report this review (#115876) | Posted by Pnoom! | Wednesday, March 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars As one reviewer mentioned earlier this album is a lot more cohesive and structured, it isn't as jam orientated. It sounds as though they were moving toward more accessible music, apart from Vernal Equinox and Unfinished, the other four tracks could have been played on the radio, but still they ... (read more)

Report this review (#81340) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Saturday, June 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Landed isn't as interesting as Tago Mago nor as dreamlike as Future Days. It's more focused than Ege Bamyasi which is more groove-jam oriented but is less groundbreaking. The sound is very good as Can finally had access to modern studio technology. And as a bonus it's Damo Suzuki free whose off ... (read more)

Report this review (#46791) | Posted by Tylosand Ektorp | Friday, September 16, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The main difference between this album and previous CAN albums was the technological leap from primitive overdubbing techniques to full scale multitrack recording. The chaotic structure of the early albums is controlled here, and the new studio tricks that Czukay employed give the album a very mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#35301) | Posted by | Sunday, June 05, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAN "Landed "