Can - Landed  CD (album) cover

2 stars Can - Landed

People who don't get CAN usually say this is their best work (for some unknown reason). I think CAN is one of five greatest bands in prog rock history and greatest one in krautrock sub genre. Their albums brought new view to rock music, improvisation, experimentalism, avant, minimalism. They developed new way of thinking in rock music and in music in general and what is extraordinary about their music is power and beauty. I personaly consider LANDED their first fall, and one of their weakest effort. For this I mainly blame departure from their old approach and equipment. I've listened them for years now and imho this album deserves 3 stars and not a star more. Best song: Unfinished followed by Half past one and Vernal.

alionida | 2/5 |