Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway CD (album) cover

THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY

Genesis

4.28 | 2041 ratings

The Runaway
5 stars The Lamb is THE Prog album for starters, if you don't have it yet, you must, but must buy it. I cannot describe every single song but I just have to say I held a grudge for Genesis cause I was sad how Phil Collins ruined them, but then I got Trespass and was amazed, and went on to my Lamb copy, and it was FANTASTIC!! The album features heavy guitar riffs on some songs, yet many keyboard lines and solos.

This album is perfect in every way. Gabriel sharing vocals with Collins, a story, and almost everything you can ask for from a Prog concept album. The bright side is the fact that the album isn't about maniac solos and super-high falsettos, it's about the music, and that is something alot of other bands and albums can't really accomplish, being about the music!

Go get The Lamb, listen to it repeatedly, and when you finally get it's meaning, you finally got the meaning of Prog.

The Runaway | 5/5 |