Barclay James  Harvest - XII CD (album) cover

Barclay James Harvest

4 stars Were are talking about folk rock here. There are acoustic guitar parts, and despite the presence of electric guitars with simple solos, which remind me sometimes a more simple GENESIS' "And Then There Were Three", we do not talk about hard rock here. The rythm is still rather slow here. The songs are not really loaded: everything is rather simple. There are many modern floating keyboards. The lead vocals are very good, as always. My favorite track is "Fiction: The Streets of San Francisco": very floating, folky and catchy. On this record, there are some really catchy and addictive parts. Compared to some older albums, I find the songs less depressive here, although there are not party songs!!
greenback | 4/5 |