Klaus Schulze - Cyborg CD (album) cover

CYBORG

Klaus Schulze

Progressive Electronic

ZowieZiggy
4 stars This second album is less dark and oppressive than "Irrlicht". And my feeling is that the content is not so promising.

"Synphara" for instance is an extended version of the short intro from CTTE. Some sounds with birds almost for twenty minutes. OK, the keyboards layers than come on top are fine: spacey; even melodic at times. But no such brilliance like "Ebene" for instance.

Don't get me wrong though, this album holds some magnificent musical experiences The atmospheric and cold beauty of "Conphara" is in that respect the best example I can point out. The music played by Klaus and the one from TD are of course quite close in those days; and if, like myself, you love one: you immediately love the other.

This album is also getting better and better with each track. The highlight here being the crystal clear and sublime "Chromengel". Such a moving track which makes you travel all around the cosmos. It is magical my prog friends.

In all, "Cyborg" is again an essential Schulze album. Maybe not as melodic than his solo debut but still well above the three stars mark.

ZowieZiggy | 4/5 |