Edensong - The Fruit Fallen CD (album) cover

THE FRUIT FALLEN

Edensong

rpmartino
5 stars This is a fresh and complex album, a wonderful balance of dark acoustic folk, prog rock and a bit of metal, with a focus on compositional craft. I knew it was something different and special when I heard the album a few times, but when I saw the band perform live two times (Brooklyn and 3RP) the music really came to life and I realized how great these tunes really were- they seemed to be a surprise hit of the festival for those who weren't familiar with them.

Intricate, powerful songs delivered with passion, demonstrating a nice mix of acoustic and electric sounds. If there is one minor complaint, the live performances made me wish there was a little more aggressive impact to the studio recording, as the album has a bit more laid back feel in comparison- but perhaps I was just spoiled by such an inspired performance from the current band lineup.

Really looking forward to hearing what these guys come up with next...

rpmartino | 5/5 |