Kansas - Song For America CD (album) cover

3 stars Song For America was the first Kansas album I heard, and so far it hasn't excited enough to get their other albums.

On surface it all sounds great. They even have a violin player and I have always loved violin in rock. But somehow it all just leaves me quite cold, the music sounds to my ears nothing more than generic hard rock with lots of prog influences. It's not bad by any stretch, in fact it's quite pleasant to listen to. The album just doesn't leave me feeling wanting for more.

So while I'm a bit indifferent about this album, I do notice its apparent qualities. And the violin's great. 3 stars.

nikow | 3/5 |