Queen - The Cosmos Rocks (with Paul Rodgers) CD (album) cover

1 stars Now in the moment I'm writing this review most of the people that will read it will probably think : "this is another queen fan who's really enraged with Brian May and Roger Taylor because they dared releasing a brand new studio album without Freddie, so he's going to smash it to pieces with these lines"...that's not true. First of all the release is not a Queen release, but it's Queen + Paul Rodgers, so that's not the problem at all. The problem is that: 1. this album is not absolutely prog. 2. The songs are awful. 3. It's boring.

All the tracks are surrounded by a certain "shade of grey" as Pink Floyd said once on "A great day for freedom", since they move on bluesy grounds never succeeding in keep the listener interest high. This release is really a waste of time and money, the only "decent" song is "Say it's not true" that anyway loses very soon its magic because of the chaotic arrangement. Rarely happened to me to write a 1 star review, anyway this time I'm absolutely sure of what I'm doing.

My rating is 1 star.