THE COSMOS ROCKS (WITH PAUL RODGERS)

Queen

5. Warboys (3:18)
6. We Believe (6:07)
7. Call Me (2:58)
8. Voodoo (4:27)
9. Some Things That Glitter (4:02)
10. C-lebrity (3:38)
11. Through The Night (4:53)
12. Say It's Not True (4:01)
13. Surf's Up...School's Out! (5:55)
14. small reprise (2:05)

All songs written by B. May, R. Taylor and P. Rogers

DVD (Special Edition only)
Super Live In Japan Highlights
Recorded live at Saitama Super Arena, Tokyo on 27th October 2005

1. Reaching Out
2. Tie Your Mother Down
3. Fat Bottomed Girls
4. Another One Bites The Dust
5. Fire And Water
6. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
7. Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)
8. These Are The Days Of Our Lives

Search QUEEN The Cosmos Rocks (with Paul Rodgers) tabs

CD:
- All songs performed by Brian May, Roger Taylor and Paul Rogers

Guest musicians:
- Taylor Hawkins / backing vocals (10)

DVD:

- Jamie Moses / guitar, vocals
- Danny Miranda / bass, vocals

CD + DVD Queen Touring Ltd., COSMOS 001, 2008
DVD Sound options: Stereo

Thanks to NotAProghead for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN The Cosmos Rocks (with Paul Rodgers) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
ForeverForever
Deluxe Edition
Hollywood Records 2014
Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)
Box set
Hollywood Records 2014
Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You EditionGreatest Hits: We Will Rock You Edition
Remastered · Special Edition
Hollywood Records 2004

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEEN The Cosmos Rocks (with Paul Rodgers) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(3%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(9%)

QUEEN The Cosmos Rocks (with Paul Rodgers) reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars You know guys, this is blasphemy. Not much rock groups had such a distinctive voice like Freddie had. First death blow was gig which they had with this Paul Rogers not-so-trusty guy. He just can't be with Queen. Even when his name is behind them. It's just not Queen anymore. They could have done nice collaboration, something new, but use for this Queen's name, it's not something I could like. Music itself is uneasy to listen for me, because I lack Freddie's voice. Well, who doesn't, huh. One of few bands which had exactly the same lineup for all band's duration.

Enough, it's hard to continue with this one, so I better stop now. Don't Stop Freddie Now, flush out this PR crap. Like John Deacon said, (well, you know what he said about him).

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#224564) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 05, 2009

Review by rushfan4
3 stars I dusted this album off this morning and gave it a spin and was actually quite surprised on how much I enjoyed it. As a standalone, this album is much better than it is given credit for. Paul Rodgers is no Freddy Mercury, but he has a very good and distinctive rock and roll voice. With previous listens to this album, I do remember thinking that it was decent enough, but this really isn't Queen. I sat down with the lyrics book to listen to this album this morning, with the anticipation that this would be bad. I was pleasantly surprised. It seemed as though I would go into each song thinking that this will be bad, and then it would start to play, and it was like, "nope this song is good too". The standout songs for me were Small, Warboys, We Believe, and Some Things That Glitter. The song C-lebrity is oh-so-real commentary on reality TV, and pseudo C-lebrities like the Kardashians and Hiltons of the world, and it includes Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters with some guest vocals. Unfortunately, the worst part of this album is the use of the Queen name. Even though it is Queen + Paul Rodgers, the lack of Freddy Mercury and John Deacon makes it a bit of a travesty to use the Queen name. I would really have to say that in a "blind taste test" I am pretty certain that most people would not have been able to guess that this was Queen, although I think that Brian May's guitar technique and sound does show up from time to time to add that bit of Queen touch. Overall, I think that this is a really good album, but it is non-essential. Really, the worst thing about it is the exploitation of the Queen name, but if you can get beyond that, the underlying music and lyrics are actually worthy of the Cosmos' love.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#855345) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 10, 2012

2 stars A lot of this is unfair on Paul Rogers, and has much to do with the disappointment of him not being Freddie. There's no doubt in my mind that Paul is the more talented singer by a long way (though Freddie had a great voice and style, that's not the same thing as being a great vocalist per se). I ... (read more)

Report this review (#361903) | Posted by JeanFrame | Thursday, December 23, 2010 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Now in the moment I'm writing this review most of the people that will read it will probably think : "this is another queen fan who's really enraged with Brian May and Roger Taylor because they dared releasing a brand new studio album without Freddie, so he's going to smash it to pieces with t ... (read more)

Report this review (#233359) | Posted by Malve87 | Friday, August 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

1 stars What's this,boys ? Do you believe that you bring back good old times with Freddie ? You know that's impossible.I know it, too, but there were times when i believed it (when I was a child). I don't understand of meaning this album. I'm not sayin' that Rodgers is bad singer, but simply it's NOT ... (read more)

Report this review (#228447) | Posted by Colourful | Sunday, July 26, 2009 | Review Permanlink

2 stars When you see a collaboration named Queen + Paul Rodgers you expect Queen with Paul Rodgers as a guest musician. What you really get is Bad Company with guest appearance by Brian May and Roger Taylor... That's how I see it. It's simply not Queen. All the little elements that made Queen such a ... (read more)

Report this review (#218670) | Posted by nuncjusz | Thursday, May 28, 2009 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Why did gods of rock punish us this way? Why the use of the Queen brand in an un-queen album with an un-queen singer? I knew this was going to be a failure, but I didn't ever expect this. According to my sources this is an album pleased Bad Company's fans (a band that I donīt care) but not Quee ... (read more)

Report this review (#191954) | Posted by luger7 | Friday, December 05, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars As a long time Queen fan, and a very serious collector, I was very excited when I heard that Brian and Roger were going to release something. I was certainly less excited to find that ex Free / Bad Company vocalist was going to add his two cents! The last recorded Queen material was the 1997 tr ... (read more)

Report this review (#191012) | Posted by silversaw | Saturday, November 29, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I am deeply torn about this album and this incarnation of the band. On one hand, the idea of Queen carrying on without Freddie is unthinkable, as he was such a prominant and vital part of the band (it seems John Deacon agrees, as he hasn't participated in anything since the the tribute show). I ... (read more)

Report this review (#190088) | Posted by DantesRing | Friday, November 21, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I never did have high hopes on this one - Freddie Mercury just cannot ever be replaced - and not just because of his idiosyncratic voice, but also because of his extraordinary songwriting and arranging skills. And, not surprisingly, this shows on The Cosmos Rocks. The songs here are more reminisc ... (read more)

Report this review (#186606) | Posted by VelBG | Tuesday, October 21, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I'm a real queen fan even of their work in the 80s but here you won't find any jewel. All tracks are straight forward rock and above all country/blues standards with no imagination. Worst of all, most of the lyrics are dumb or uninteresting. So, you can easily pass your way if you're expecting ... (read more)

Report this review (#182796) | Posted by fairyliar | Thursday, September 18, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "The Cosmos Rocks (with Paul Rodgers)"