Camel - The Snow Goose CD (album) cover

THE SNOW GOOSE

Camel

snobb
4 stars This is my first Camel album, I got it around 10 yrs ago. There are plenty of reviews to this work on site, and mainly two opinions egsist: bigger part of listeners like it veru much, smaller part think that this is just very average album.

I can try to find , what is the reason in egsisting of two so different opinions ( and I do it just because I think it will help for new listeners to understand if this album is their cup of tea).

The music on this album is just BEAUTIFUL. With no comments and no other opinion possible. Bright melodies, perfect technique, well balanced sound. It's instrumental album, and the rare one, which contains easy listening with quite serious sympho-sound. So - if you like that kind of music - you will be really pleased in listening of this album.

If you are searching new sounds, new ideas, experiments, or just tension in prog ( and you know, ROCK -music is a right place for that!), I'm affraid you wouldn't be very happy there.

It's not a King Crimson, it's for sure. Very pleasant listening, but I am not sure how much people listen for rock-music because they are searching for just pleasant listening.

So,because I don't want to repeat everything was said about this albums in all that reviews there, just decide, what you're expecting to find there.

I like melodies,it's true, but pleasant listening isn't my best prerogative. So, maximum I can put for this beautiful album, is only 4.

snobb | 4/5 |