Pink Floyd - The Wall CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4.05 | 2027 ratings

Bonnek
Prog Metal Team
4 stars How to review the album that has been the first piece of real music that you came to appreciate back when 10 years old? How to do so for an album that has been your trusty companion and quality touchstone for so many years?

I'm sure each of us has an album like that. The Wall may even have been that very album for many of us. So, how to review this in the supposedly analytic and detached way that we are supposed to?

I don't know frankly. Because, when I listen to it now, it disappoints. I can hear many great songs, not really progressive but still intelligent and heartfelt. But I also hear lots of filler. I could easily do without all the songs that come between Dirty Woman and Comfortably Numb. Hey You excepted of course.

My general feeling now is that if they had cut this down to a 60 or 65 minute CD (as technology now allows), a true masterpiece of rock could have come out. But since they had to fill 90 minutes with Waters' self-indulgence, they kind of failed. 3.5 is what I give if I got to know the album now.

Bonnek | 4/5 |