Marillion - Clutching At Straws CD (album) cover

Prog Metal Team
4 stars It may be due to the cover, but this album feels a lot darker and grittier then any of the previous albums. The sound is surely less colourful. Maybe for that reason, this album originally lacked the appeal that Fugazi and Misplaced Childhood had on me. But so many years later, this album has become one of my Fish-era favourites.

The band sounds a lot more mature then the initial Genesis remake they set out to be, and most of all, Fish vocals - which I gradually got a bit tired of - are here in full glory, powerful, heartfelt, rich in melody and tone,... well, just perfect!

Bonnek | 4/5 |