Jethro Tull - The Jethro Tull Christmas Album CD (album) cover

THE JETHRO TULL CHRISTMAS ALBUM

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Zaragon
3 stars Now... what is this? I have no problems with a Christmas album from Ian and friends, but how many versions of Bouree do you actually need? This album must be a blessing for a Tull-fan that may have missed all the years between 1978 and till now, but for a fan that has followed Ian, Martin etc. through all those years, the whole thing lacks inspiration and is sort of... yes, uinspired and without guts. I can hear and yes, sometimes certainly feel the beauty and off course the brilliant, allmost arrogant way the group flows through these tracks, but I allways end up with a feeling of... yes and so what?

Thats all?

Yes, I know that this is a Christmas album, maybe meant to be kind, mild and played by the fireside, not meant to be a rocker, so in that way this album may very well be one of all-times best Christmas-records, but dont ever do this to me again Ian... please. Thats the way it goes when you are too old to rockn and roll but too young to die. Sorry Ian.... I think Ill put on Minstrel in The Gallery immediately.

Zaragon | 3/5 |