Kansas - Point Of Know Return CD (album) cover

POINT OF KNOW RETURN

Kansas

maryes
5 stars When I decide write in Progarchives, I have a intention of don't explain about records wich get already a large number of reviews, due to the fear of redundancy and lost of time. But to come across with something wich I consider one great injustice from my point of view, I like to expose my humble opinion !

KANSAS " Point of Know Return" is one of the best moments of prog music in all the times !!!

A work where is very difficult indicate a single weak moment.

Beside this, I can enumerate some anthological moments or even entire tracks.

1- Track 2 - Paradox : Whit a magnificent overture and very complex melody..

2- Track 3 - The Spider: an intrumental theme, 2 minutes of controled madness.

3- Track 4- Portrait : a mix of hard and symphonic prog with a highlights to the rhythimc section and the duet of guitars and violin on the end of the track.

4- Track 6 - Lightning hand : a counterpoint of the guitars and a violin wich almost take my breath away, and the astonishing vocals of Robbie Steinhardt.

5 - Track 7 - Dust in the Wind - one of the most wonderful messages in a musical format, a moment only comparable to King Crimson " I talk to the wind" and Yes "Wonderous Stories" and "Turn of the Century"

I must mention the graphic work, and one of the most beauiful covers of prog albuns !!!

For this countless reasons my rate obviously is 5 stars !!!

maryes | 5/5 |