Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition CD (album) cover

5 stars I am not a fan of progressive metal, I am not the fan of new music at all. So why I love this album ? It has a spirit of 70s prog but in the same time it sounds very fresh and orginal. First song, Hyperactive almost made me switching off this cd, but I saw in this song some potential. Each next track sounds better and better. In Driven To Destruction each musician show his ability and take a lead in some moments, you see here no individuality, but real band. Egoist Hedonist is a masterpiece, from repetitive part to storm of sound, catchy melody and finally insane heavy guitarwork. Left Out is from beging calm ballad, that evolves into a beautiful guitar solo, and instrumental part with great organs. Hybrid Times is most complex song. From piano intro by heavy guitar to ambient end Riverside serve us pretty end of genial album. I know only a few new bands, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater or Pain of Salvation so I can't say that it is best modern prog album, but I haven't find better yet!
kronix | 5/5 |