Fermáta - Biela Planéta CD (album) cover

BIELA PLANÉTA

Fermáta

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars My second review of Fermáta's jazz perfection, so this time, my choice is album called "White Planet", with tracklist of famous explorers. Seven of them I know, Humboldt is unknown to me, but has interesting record on wikipedia. So, I can just barely compare, if music is faithful to course of their lives and their journeys. I can tell you that with this album that you get fine piece of jazz. This is not ordinary jazz, you're accustomed, this is Fermáta sound, by which this band is well known in jazz circles. Yes, I'm just normal, mundane prog listener, so my point of view wouldn't be so professional. But as far as I can tell, you get nice, clean album full of jazz craftsmanship. I saw these guys on Za Zrkadlem gig (Behind Mirror) and can tell that they can play and they could in these times also. For normal prog, like symphonic prog, times were starting to be rough. But not for Fermáta, as they still had ideas and imagination to create this almost conceptual work. For example Kolumbus really brings to my imagination images of sea and voyage of his ships to a new world.

4(-) for ambitious concept album, which fails to hold listeners attention at times (at least my) and also is hard to understand, what exactly they meant, to what they're referring with exact guitar riff, chord, or passage in track.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |