Peter Gabriel - Music From The Film Birdy CD (album) cover

Peter Gabriel

2 stars Peter GABRIEL started his soundtrack career with "Birdy", a riveting and emotional film about two young men that go off to war, starring Nicholas Cage and Mathew Modine. I remember the film and really didn't pay too much attention to the music playing in the background; I don't think that many folks really do unless it has a dominating presence. When I listened to this I could understand why it didn't get my attention. It's all atmospheric and meditative background music. This is not to say that this music has no value or purpose, it most certainly does. I am accustomed to being excited and totally mesmerized by GABRIEL's music, so this was disappointing. This is the first release by GABRIEL that I really didn't enjoy. I felt it was boring and uneventful.

Ratin: 2.5/5