Kansas - Drastic Measures  CD (album) cover

DRASTIC MEASURES

Kansas

gingernut
3 stars Well Isa's review prompted me to write one also. I must admit to not having previously picked up on the 'hidden messages' alluded to. Anyway, I will restict my comments to the music.

Clearly this is not Kansas's best, but considerably better than Vinyl Confessions, Monolith and Freaks Of Nature.

Fight Fire With Fire kicks things off in pretty good fashion. A decent rock song rather like Perfect Lover.

Everybody's My Friend - A rock/pop song, I quite like it, even if a little cheesey.

Mainstream - This may be Livgren's first longish song that does not hit the spot. It features a fantastic 2 minute instrumental section which is the highlight of the album, but otherwise is largely forgettable.

Andi - ditto Everybody's My Friend.

Going Through The Motions - The best complete track on the album. Symphonic and powerful. Is this song title another hidden message?

Don't Take Your Love Away and End Of The Age and Incident On a Bridge - all 3 close the album in lacklustre fashion.

So not one to buy as an introduction to Kansas, but not quite a stinker either.

gingernut | 3/5 |