Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Passpartý  CD (album) cover

PASSPARTŔ

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

poslednijat_colobar
3 stars The beginning of the decline for Premiata Forneria Marconi!

I thought about the word I'll use for this album's title. I was wondering between collapse and decline, but it would be unfair to use collapse for an interesting and listenable album, so I've decided to use decline. Why it's decline for me? Firstly, because the tendency of simplification and popization of PFM's music continues from the last release called Jet Lag. It's the first PFM's album, it's main genre is not progressive rock, but pop rock. And the third negative point I want to mention about the album are the vocals. I don't like almost all vocals, made by Bernardo Lanzetti. All of them contains unpleasant vibration.

Now it's time for positive moments on the album. I think Passpartý contains very good samples of folk rock in Viene il santo and homonymous song Passpartý, and some other good melodies. The band still holds inertia from the previous releases, which cannot be said about some of the next albums. It's an appropriate album for time when you want to listen to something non-committing. I vote with 3 stars rating!

Highlights in Passpartý:

Viene il santo and homonymous Passpartý: solid samples of folk rock!

poslednijat_colobar | 3/5 |