Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds CD (album) cover

OBSCURED BY CLOUDS

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

friso
3 stars Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds (1972)

I'll start with a few statements. - This is a record recorded and writtin in two weeks as a soundtrack for the movie La Vaillée. - It is not really progressive, but it is an atmospherice, melodic rock album with enough variety. - I think it's BETTER THEN DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (send private massages to kingfriso to nail me down! Keep 'em coming!)

Why make such a nice piece of music for just a movie.. This record deserves more then that. The only tracks I don't like so much are Free Four (which is a bit too simple and country-like) and Asolutely Curtains (which has a nice atmospheric beginning, but the native song at the end is out of place here).

The instrumental tracks Obscured by Clouds and Mudmen are great! Finally a progressive rock band that takes the time to build some tension. Not very complicated, but well played. Not to be missed by any Floyd fan.

This albums has some of the best ´just´ songs of Pink Floyd. There is one sufficient word to discribe them: gentle. The melodies are often piecefull and the vocals are warm. This makes it a great album to start or end your day with. These songs deserve more attention by all Floydians.

Conclusion. Two tracks I don't like so much and a lot of timeless songs and two great instrumental tracks. A piecefull album that I like, and that doesn't happen to often. I will give three stars for this act of ellegance, but I warn all of you: Don't skip on this one! It is good!

friso | 3/5 |