Marillion - Recital Of The Script  CD (album) cover

RECITAL OF THE SCRIPT

Marillion

friso
4 stars Marillion - Recitel of the Script (1983)

This seems to be the final Marillion document...

I've never liked a lot of Marillion's music. I like their debut and I'm willing to try Fugazi as soon as I find a vinyl copy. This dvd is a concert filmed before the recording of their second album and has all the songs of the debut and Market Square Heroes and the epic Grendel. A better tracklisten couldn't be possible if you'd ask me.

Marillion's live sound is like the album sound, only some extra instrumentation is missing, mainly on Script of a Jester's Tear when the double guitar part is not there. The live recording of the sound isn't perfect, but very good at least. I like the light shows of the classic Hammersmith Odeon. It reminds me of an Iron Maiden concert I once saw. All instruments are well amplified and the voice of Fish is better as on the album. His live performance is legendary and one of the main reasons I like this dvd. His theatrics get me 'into' the music and the pictures.

The coverwork and extra's are not worth mentioning. Just OK.

I'll give this dvd four stars. One of the main reasons is the overall atmosphere of the gig, the eighties recording techniques are at it's best here.

friso | 4/5 |