Big Big Train - Bard CD (album) cover

BARD

Big Big Train

gingernut
4 stars Of course, it's only my opinion, but this is mine. Bard is a superb album, their 3rd of 5 in a row. What other band can boast that track record? Yes, Tony Muller's vocals can be a bit gruff, but it adds character to the overall sound. The material is subtle and requires repeated listens (like most good music). I can find no fault with the instrumentation but I admit that some of the vocal lines do at first sound a little odd or even obvious, but not enough to detract too much.

There is a great album here. If you don't like it, then fair enough, but that does not mean it is rubbish. I can't see anything worthwhile in the Flower Kings or Spock's Beard, but I appeciate they must be good at what they do.

Big Big Train is prog's best kept secret.

gingernut | 4/5 |