The Beatles - Revolver (US) CD (album) cover

REVOLVER (US)

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

Guillermo
2 stars The albums of The Beatles which were released in my country were a bit confusing because EMI Capitol Mexico sometimes released the U.K versions of their albums, and they sometimes released the U.S. versions of their albums (as it was the case with "Revolver"). In early 1982 I bought this album as an import from the U.S. At that time I didn`t know that the U.K. original version included three otther tracks: "Dr. Robert", "I`m Only Sleeping" and "And Your Bird Can Sing" . It was until December of that year when I listened to the original U.K. album in a Radio broadcast that I realized that some of their U.S. albums were different to their original U.K. albums.

Anyway, I was happy with this U.S. version. Even without those three tracks (and which curiously were composed and sung by Lennon), the album sounds well. I also have to say again that the quality of the sound of the U.S. version is very good, the manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the cover printing is also very good. But I also prefer the original U.K. version.

"Dr. Robert", "I`m Only Sleeping" and "And Your Bird Can Sing" were released in June 1966 (that is, two months before the U.S. and the U.K. versions of "Revolver" were released) in an album called "Yesterday...and Today", but with different mixings. I still have not listened to the "Yesterday...and Today" album, so I can`t say nothing about the mixing differences.

Guillermo | 2/5 |