REVOLVER (US)

- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Capitol ST 2576 (stereo) - August 8, 1966
Capitol T 2576 (mono) - August 8, 1966
Capitol C1-90452 - July 28, 1988

The last album in which the track listings between the British and American versions were different - Capitol had omitted "I'm Only Sleeping", "Doctor Robert", and "And Your Bird Can Sing" since they had already been issued on the US-only Yesterday And Today.

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Revolver (US) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$20.97

BEATLES THE REVOLVER THE U.S. ALBUMS CD NEW USD $11.27 Buy It Now
The Beatles 1966 Revolver Mono Vinyl Record Original US P Pressing Rainbow Label USD $189.50 [20 bids]
The Beatles - Revolver - 1966 US Mono T-2576 Rainbow Label Audiomatrix Mega Rare USD $100.00 [0 bids]
1966 Beatles Revolver LP 1st US Mono Capitol - T 2576 EX/VG w/o Subsidiary Rim USD $100.25 Buy It Now 23h 42m
BEATLES REVOLVER LP US Apple Label wth Clean Capitol Original Jacket NICE PSYCH USD $29.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES Revolver 1987 U.S. CD George Harrison Ringo Starr John Lennon McCartney USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES:REVOLVER (U.S. ALBUM) CAPITOL CD Mono And Stereo Mix Inc. Taxman-NEW USD $5.34 [0 bids]
Revolver [U.S. Album] - The Beatles - CD - New USD $17.27 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles NEAR MINT Revolver 12" LP vinyl record SW 2576 Capitol FREE US SHIPP USD $130.48 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES REVOLVER LP US Apple Label Capitol NICE PSYCH excellent in shrink wrap USD $22.00 [0 bids]
USD $32.90 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES Revolver Orig 1966 U.S. (Vinyl VG to VG+) 12" Mono LP T-2576 Psych USD $24.05 Buy It Now 6 days
The Beatles NEAR MINT Revolver 12" LP vinyl record SW 2576 Capitol FREE US SHIPP USD $27.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BEATLES Revolver US Capitol Record Club Pressing USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
STILL SEALED > THE BEATLES > REVOLVER > ST-2576 > 1966 STEREO US PRESS > RIAA 12 USD $449.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE BEATLES THE U.S. ALBUMS REVOLVER SEALED CD NEW 2014 USD $12.89 Buy It Now 13 days
The U.S. Albums: Revolver - The Beatles CD Sealed New 2014 USD $10.33 Buy It Now 13 days
The Beatles US LP Capitol SW-2576 REVOLVER Factory Sealed USD $49.90 Buy It Now 14 days
Beatles, The - Revolver (US Album) - New CD USD $12.40 Buy It Now 15 days
BEATLES Revolver LP SW-2576 SEALED NO BARCODE US press USD $89.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Revolver (The U.S. Album) - Beatles (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.90 Buy It Now 21 days
The Beatles-Revolver-RARE 1968 US "Subsidiary Label" LP-CLEAN! USD $39.99 Buy It Now 22 days
BEATLES Revolver US Capitol Record Club Pressing VG+/ VG+ WOODY LIME USD $56.00 Buy It Now 23 days
The Beatles Revolver Remix - Remastered - BeatFile Professional CDR - US Seller USD $27.96 Buy It Now 25 days
THE BEATLES CD - REVOLVER [THE U.S. ALBUM](2014) - NEW UNOPENED USD $17.99 Buy It Now 26 days
THE BEATLES Revolver 1995 US Vinyl LP Reissue NEW Sealed ! Free Shipping ! USD $43.90 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE BEATLES Revolver (US) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(44%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(22%)

THE BEATLES Revolver (US) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars The albums of The Beatles which were released in my country were a bit confusing because EMI Capitol Mexico sometimes released the U.K versions of their albums, and they sometimes released the U.S. versions of their albums (as it was the case with "Revolver"). In early 1982 I bought this album as an import from the U.S. At that time I didn`t know that the U.K. original version included three otther tracks: "Dr. Robert", "I`m Only Sleeping" and "And Your Bird Can Sing" . It was until December of that year when I listened to the original U.K. album in a Radio broadcast that I realized that some of their U.S. albums were different to their original U.K. albums.

Anyway, I was happy with this U.S. version. Even without those three tracks (and which curiously were composed and sung by Lennon), the album sounds well. I also have to say again that the quality of the sound of the U.S. version is very good, the manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the cover printing is also very good. But I also prefer the original U.K. version.

"Dr. Robert", "I`m Only Sleeping" and "And Your Bird Can Sing" were released in June 1966 (that is, two months before the U.S. and the U.K. versions of "Revolver" were released) in an album called "Yesterday...and Today", but with different mixings. I still have not listened to the "Yesterday...and Today" album, so I can`t say nothing about the mixing differences.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The alternative tracklisting for The Beatles "Revolver" album is quite a curiosity and not quite as good as the original UK version missing some of the best songs.

The original managed to captivate and speak to the love-in generation of tune in, turn on, drop out drug culture. The psych material is still here on the US version but there are some oddities.

'Taxman' begins with the coughing spluttering count in and a wonderful crashing guitar riff. 'Eleanor Rigby' is simply a masterpiece with full blown orchestras as a backing under Paul's heartfelt plea, "look at all the lonely people". 'Love You To' is weird and wonderful tripping pysch rock. 'Here, There and Everywhere' is a slow paced track heavily reliant on harmonies and a catchy title line. 'Yellow Submarine' is a silly but infectious children's song from Ringo, similar to 'Octopus's Garden' yet to come on "Abbey Road". 'She Said She Said' is a throwaway but an excellent track nonetheless only found on this album. I love the bridge on this, "no, no, no you're wrong girl, when I was a boy, everything was alright".

'Good Day Sunshine' is a bonafide classic featuring strong harmonies and melodies. 'For No One', and 'I Want To Tell You' are not memorable but work okay in my ears. 'Got to get you into My life' saves the tracklist from spiralling into obscure numbers, and it all ends on a positive high note with the incomparable 'Tomorrow Never Knows'. This track could well be the proggiest Beatles number focusing on an eastern mystical feel and very trippy acid fuelled lyrics. The music is incredibly Indian in nature and psychedelic. It is one of the most powerful Beatles songs and sung by the wonderful Harrison.

The tracks missing are the dreamy 'I'm Only Sleeping', the cool swinging 'Doctor Robert', 'And Your Bird can Sing', one of my faves I was recently re-introduced to watching the old classic Animated Beatles show from the 60s.

Overall this is not quite as good as the original but still a class act, with some of the proggiest Beatles moments on vinyl.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Revolver (US)"