REVOLVER (US)

- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

Capitol ST 2576 (stereo) - August 8, 1966
Capitol T 2576 (mono) - August 8, 1966
Capitol C1-90452 - July 28, 1988

The last album in which the track listings between the British and American versions were different - Capitol had omitted "I'm Only Sleeping", "Doctor Robert", and "And Your Bird Can Sing" since they had already been issued on the US-only Yesterday And Today.

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES Revolver (US) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$16.22
The Beatles - Revolver LP 1966 Mono Capitol T2576 First US Pressing ,TESTED USD $14.00 [1 bids]
BEATLES Revolver US Capitol Record Club Pressing USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEATLES THE U.S. ALBUMS REVOLVER SEALED CD NEW 2014 USD $7.68 Buy It Now 3 days
The Beatles REVOLVER Orig 1966 US LP ST-2576 VG++ USD $18.00 [0 bids]
USD $35.00 Buy It Now
THE BEATLES revolver APPLE US VINTAGE VINYL LP Stereo ST-2576 (A19/H21) VG+  USD $24.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BEATLES lp Revolver US stereo"SEALED" Pre Bar Code USD $89.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Beatles U.S. Capitol Records Revolver ST2576 CD! USD $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES - REVOLVER LP 1976 CAPITOL RECORDS REISSUE US RELEASE USD $10.50 [0 bids]
The U.S. Albums: Revolver - The Beatles CD Sealed New 2014 USD $9.62 Buy It Now 6 days
THE BEATLES CD - REVOLVER [THE U.S. ALBUM](2014) - NEW UNOPENED USD $18.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEATLES Revolver US Album CD 2014 NEW & SEALED Vinyl Replica Sleeve USD $15.53 Buy It Now 8 days
The Beatles - Revolver - U.S. Version (NEW CD) USD $19.88 Buy It Now 11 days
BEATLES LOT OF 2: Revolver T 2576 (1st US) & Rubber Soul T 2442 / Both Mono USD $87.25 Buy It Now 11 days
Revolver (The U.S. Album) - Beatles (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.97 Buy It Now 12 days
THE BEATLES ~ REVOLVER (1966) ORIGINAL US CAPITOL ST 2576 STEREO LP VG+ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE BEATLES revolver US 80's RE ISSUE STEREO LP SW 576 mint SEALED USD $65.00 Buy It Now 13 days
BEATLES Stereo REVOLVER LP US Green Capitol Issue Light Scuffing OVERALL CLEAN USD $19.00 Buy It Now 15 days
The Beatles,Capitol SW 2576,"Revolver"US,LP,stereo,color ban labels,Cap/EMI Lbl, USD $18.99 Buy It Now 16 days
BEATLES REVOLVER US STEREO FIRST ISSUE W SHRINK WRAP ST-2576 VG+ USD $100.00 Buy It Now 19 days
1966 Beatles Revolver LP 1st US Mono Capitol - T 2576 EX/VG w/o Subsidiary Rim USD $100.25 Buy It Now 23 days
The Beatles - Revolver LP Record Album Mono T2576 First US Pressing VG+/EX USD $33.99 Buy It Now 26 days
THE BEATLES REVOLVER CD ORIGINAL US PRESS CDP 7 46441 2 PALOPHONE 1987 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 26 days
The Beatles Revolver, Vinyl LP Record, ST-2576, US Press, Apple Records, Stereo USD $17.50 Buy It Now 26 days
BEATLES Revolver 1995 US Vinyl LP Reissue Sealed New ! Worldwide Free Shipping ! USD $49.90 Buy It Now 26 days
THE BEATLES - REVOLVER: U.S. EDITION: CD ALBUM (January 20th 2014) USD $17.15 Buy It Now 26 days
The Beatles Revolver Original MONO US LP VG+++ vinyl Capitol T 2576 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 27 days
THE BEATLES Revolver LP Parlophone 094638241713 US 2012 M Sealed Promo Sticker USD $25.98 Buy It Now 28 days
The Beatles- Revolver LP 1965 Capitol 1st US Mono Pressing! Plays Nice! ROCK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 28 days
LP a hard day's night
LP please please me
LP revolver
LP rubber soul
~ USD $22.22
LP sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band
~ USD $22.22
LP the beatles (white album)
~ USD $27.78
LP with the beatles
LP yellow submarine
~ USD $18.67

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES Revolver (US) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(39%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

THE BEATLES Revolver (US) reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars The albums of The Beatles which were released in my country were a bit confusing because EMI Capitol Mexico sometimes released the U.K versions of their albums, and they sometimes released the U.S. versions of their albums (as it was the case with "Revolver"). In early 1982 I bought this album as an import from the U.S. At that time I didn`t know that the U.K. original version included three otther tracks: "Dr. Robert", "I`m Only Sleeping" and "And Your Bird Can Sing" . It was until December of that year when I listened to the original U.K. album in a Radio broadcast that I realized that some of their U.S. albums were different to their original U.K. albums.

Anyway, I was happy with this U.S. version. Even without those three tracks (and which curiously were composed and sung by Lennon), the album sounds well. I also have to say again that the quality of the sound of the U.S. version is very good, the manufacturing of the disc is very good, and the cover printing is also very good. But I also prefer the original U.K. version.

"Dr. Robert", "I`m Only Sleeping" and "And Your Bird Can Sing" were released in June 1966 (that is, two months before the U.S. and the U.K. versions of "Revolver" were released) in an album called "Yesterday...and Today", but with different mixings. I still have not listened to the "Yesterday...and Today" album, so I can`t say nothing about the mixing differences.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The alternative tracklisting for The Beatles "Revolver" album is quite a curiosity and not quite as good as the original UK version missing some of the best songs.

The original managed to captivate and speak to the love-in generation of tune in, turn on, drop out drug culture. The psych material is still here on the US version but there are some oddities.

'Taxman' begins with the coughing spluttering count in and a wonderful crashing guitar riff. 'Eleanor Rigby' is simply a masterpiece with full blown orchestras as a backing under Paul's heartfelt plea, "look at all the lonely people". 'Love You To' is weird and wonderful tripping pysch rock. 'Here, There and Everywhere' is a slow paced track heavily reliant on harmonies and a catchy title line. 'Yellow Submarine' is a silly but infectious children's song from Ringo, similar to 'Octopus's Garden' yet to come on "Abbey Road". 'She Said She Said' is a throwaway but an excellent track nonetheless only found on this album. I love the bridge on this, "no, no, no you're wrong girl, when I was a boy, everything was alright".

'Good Day Sunshine' is a bonafide classic featuring strong harmonies and melodies. 'For No One', and 'I Want To Tell You' are not memorable but work okay in my ears. 'Got to get you into My life' saves the tracklist from spiralling into obscure numbers, and it all ends on a positive high note with the incomparable 'Tomorrow Never Knows'. This track could well be the proggiest Beatles number focusing on an eastern mystical feel and very trippy acid fuelled lyrics. The music is incredibly Indian in nature and psychedelic. It is one of the most powerful Beatles songs and sung by the wonderful Harrison.

The tracks missing are the dreamy 'I'm Only Sleeping', the cool swinging 'Doctor Robert', 'And Your Bird can Sing', one of my faves I was recently re-introduced to watching the old classic Animated Beatles show from the 60s.

Overall this is not quite as good as the original but still a class act, with some of the proggiest Beatles moments on vinyl.

Post a review of THE BEATLES "Revolver (US)"