Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

snobb
5 stars It isn't easy to speak about that album: I think almost everything is said about it! I think it is one of greatest album ever, possibly second best Pink Floyd album ( after "WYWH") and one of cornerstones of all progressive rock.

Biggest part of songs included are all great hits till now. Their melodic,dreamy,dark music sounds 36 yrs yet and will sound many more. Great combination of Waters/Mason/Gilmour/ Wright songwrighting and musicanship just made this album real masterpiece.

Sometimes I'm reading review with repeating question - is this album prog at all? For sure, everyone can have it's opinion about it. But for me, this is one of greatest PROGRESIVE music examples ever. Music isn't complex enough for being progresive? Come on!

The result of musicianship is song/composition. In fact, the listener often doesn't care too much how the final product was done. He feel magic of the result, or doesn't feel it. In a case with "Dark Side..." there is real MAGIC coming from these sounds. And we have plenty of examples when technicaly complex music doesn't have magic at all. Sometimes the final product even is difficult to recognise as music at all ( audio design?).

So, I am sure, that every prog fan should have this CD in his collection!!! Without it you will never understand what is real progressive rock.

snobb | 5/5 |