Jethro Tull - Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young To Die! CD (album) cover

TOO OLD TO ROCK 'N' ROLL: TOO YOUNG TO DIE!

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Oh my dear goddess, this is way too underrated (and I even do know why). Yes, having good cover is nice, but I love this (as I am fond of comic a little bit). I even like the title, which brings up the question of mortality (favourite line of my father). And story ? Not so worse than in case of "Thick as a Brick", right ?

Perfect example of prog folk, mature, very playful and offering far more than you can get on first listen. Maybe someone can be awed by presence of so much of symphonic (literally, there's an orchestra). And if you are amongst these who managed to see Too Old To R'n'R, Too Young To Die as musical video, count yourself lucky. It's a very good one, presenting whole record. Musically, this one is one of the best singles from JT I've witnessed. Uncompromisingly truthful, so sad and emotional, still concluding in man's victory over mortality.

As somebody pointed out on forum, this is not like old JT work. It's different, but this doesn't necessarily means bad. This is opposite of bad (actually, opposite of worst), because maybe it's not best at all (I like Aqualung more), but can be rated next to these, really.

5(-) of course, Ian's voice (which I admire a lot) helps this lot, but this can apply to their every record. This is underdog, hated, or at least overlooked by most, but for few of us there, it is masterpiece. It should be.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |