Camel - Moonmadness CD (album) cover

MOONMADNESS

Camel

jude111
5 stars Wow. The best album demonstrating Camel's dreamy, Floyd-esque vocals. I can imagine Gilmour singing these songs, and imagine listening to a lost Floyd album. Of course, you'll hear other elements as well - a smidgeon of King Crimson, a tasteful rendering of early Genesis.

I've made a version of my own MOONMADNESS: added "Nimrodel" as the opener, and tacked on "Mystic Queen" (from CAMEL) and "Starlight Ride" (from BREATHLESS) at the end for my own Floydian head-trip. (These 3 songs are the dreamiest and most Floydian from Camel, besides the tunes found on MOONMADNESS.)

As highly recommended as THE SNOW GOOSE. I only wish I had discovered these albums when I was 13 (instead of 20-plus years later), the same age when I discovered Floyd. Better late than never, I s'pose.

jude111 | 5/5 |