Jono El Grande - Neo Dada CD (album) cover

Jono El Grande

RIO/Avant-Prog

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Is it bird ? Is it plane ? No, it's the dada cabaret music folks. Some may say that it's just a bunch of sounds, barely harmonic, without any clear melody or meaning at all. And partially, it's right, because it's dada, remember ? Beautiful cover (part of the whole thing), music that can attract only someone.

Because it's weird. And when I'm saying this, I'm aware that this is also part of the whole business of being dadaistic. Recently, we were discussing some dada poems in literature lessons and we made some real interesting conclusions which can be applied here too. First, this is "what-they-feel-is-straight-played-here", secondly - there are many hidden meanings in it. And third, it's not so easily accessible.

3(+), I'm quite satisfied, even I don't seek this kind of music often. Still, there's nothing bad except it's dada (=not for everyone, major flaw). It's really strange and the question is, whether it's progressive, or not. Or even whether it's good, or not, it always leaves me confused.

Marty McFly | 3/5 |