Peter Hammill - The Peel Sessions CD (album) cover

THE PEEL SESSIONS

Peter Hammill

Bonnek
Prog Metal Team
3 stars As much as I like the songs on this album I will not rate it above 3 stars, even though I can't find any fault with the performances here. Some versions even work better for me then the often excessive originals. The reason is simply that most of the tracks compiled here have been added as bonus tracks on Hammill's re-released back catalogue.

The essential tracks here are the first three songs and the 'X'-tunes, which are all intense performances, from 1974 and 1979 respectively, and which now appear on In Camera and pH7. The remainder of the songs vary between good and interesting. Also the 4 last tracks from the much maligned In A Foreign Town are enjoyable.

If you're a Hammill fan that is still sticking to the vinyl LPs or first CD-issues of Hammill's classic albums, then you shouldn't miss this one. 3.5 stars.

Bonnek | 3/5 |