Caravan - Better by Far CD (album) cover

Canterbury Scene

5 stars I like this album very much. I have a weak spot for it. And it doesn't matter how many times I listen to it, it stays fantastic. Maybe it is a bit less canterbury style than a few years before this one, and a bit softer, but it sounds o so sweet to my ears. There are many highlights, like the sing-along feeling in Feeling Alright and Let It Shine, the bass in top-form in Behind You, the feel-good dreamy vocals and guitar in Better By Far, the swinging silver Strings, the superb violin start and the bass-solo after 2.30 min of The Last Unicorn, the sexy female vocal screems (like on Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon) in Give Me More, the catchy keyboards from fellow dutchman Jan Schelhaas in Man In A Car, and the dreamy vocals, superb violin play and fantastic guitar solo on Nightmare. Give it a try and listen to it a few times, than you hopefully know what I mean.
Sander | 5/5 |