Pain Of Salvation - Linoleum CD (album) cover

Pain Of Salvation

3 stars As usual, I've been waiting anxiously for an album from Pain Of Salvation. This EP, hoping it to be a treat to my ears, left me a bit on my appetite. The first two songs sound like good leftovers from ''SCARSICK''. Track #3, IF YOU WAIT, is the 'soft' part of Pain Of Salvation. GONE (the fourth song) is what the song DEA PECUNIAE (from the ''BE'' album) could have been at its metalest sound. It is full of surprises, yet you can almost guess what chords will come up next. Their Swedish humour is well shown on track #5 (I can't wait to 'see' the hair in their cd's!). It joins well with their humour on the ''TWO DEATHS'' dvd which came out last year. YELLOW RAVEN, a track from an old SCORPIONS album called ''VIRGIN KILLER'', is a nice surprise and ends this EP with style. The next album should be interesting to hear. This EP is musically the logical follow-up to ''SCARSICK''. We are far from albums like ''REMEDY LANE'' or ''THE PERFECT ELEMENT'' (which, by my opinion, are their best), but Pain Of Salvation are still good at what they do: obscure, deep music with Daniel Gildenlöw singing his heart out, being backed by excellent musicians.
skreamer | 3/5 |