Riverside - Second Life Syndrome CD (album) cover

5 stars MUSIC STORM This one is rapidly taking my "music-dedicated" time by storm, like a landslide is making its way through my preferred listenings...Invoked by the rave reviews on PA, after an unusual (for prog music) limited mumber of spins I could almost immediately get pleasure of the 'core' of the album: the magnificent "Second Life Syndrome" (ah...that guitar working around A, D, Bb, G, F...sublime 'floydian' flavor) evolves all along its 15', and the part with electric piano overlapping the bass around 6:00 and gentle voice is a masterpiece on its own. Around this the other immediate petals are "Conceiving You" and "I turned you down", where in this last the Gm superbe start is evoking once again the "Shine on you Crazy Diamond" progression, without being copy-paste. All in all, I like so much the keyboard work of this album (the rock organ burns really on my ears, I like so much this instrument), tied with great guitars, hard and gentle at times. After the usual 8-spins limit, indeed all the others pieces come to surface in its own light, with weird and haunting pieces like the opening and closing acts. Congratulations RIVERSIDE, just for this I immediately ordered the next "ADHD" with great expectations... A great band for our times.
ingmin68 | 5/5 |