Marillion - Misplaced Childhood CD (album) cover

MISPLACED CHILDHOOD

Marillion

Rip Van ProgWinkle
3 stars I have to agree with the minority of reviewers here who say this is an overrated album. Very overrated. I missed Marillion the first time, so started listening to them in the last couple of years. I really liked Script for a Jester, but after I bought this one, it turned me off to Marillion generally. It was only after a while that I listened to Script again and realized the problem was Childhood. I also like Clutching at Straws much better than Childhood.

I am not exactly sure what the problem is with Misplaced Childhood. Part of it is the pop song Kayleigh, but it is not just that. The songs just don't have the excitement or mystery that the other Marillion songs do. It is not a bad album. I give it three stars, just barely. But it is not worth four starts, not to mention five.

Rip Van ProgWinkle | 3/5 |