Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong CD (album) cover

I MIGHT BE WRONG

Radiohead

The Sleepwalker
4 stars I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings is Radiohead's only live album up to date. It features songs from Kid A and Amnesiac, and as well an unreleased song. I must say that I think this live album easily is better than both Kid A and Amnesiac. Why? The album features only the best tracks from both Kid A and Amnesiac, which means that there are no fillers or bad songs. Also, the band's performance is excellent and where I found Kid A and Amnesiac having a bit of a flat sound, this album doesn't.

All songs are performed in an excellent way. The sound is rich and the band proves to be pretty innovative live. Some nice examples of this are "Everything In Its Right Place", which is two minutes longer than the studio version and features a nice intro. Also "Ideoteque", with its pounding beats and bleeps, is much more powerful than it was on Kid A. "Like Spinning Plates" also sounds like a completely different track compared to the version on Amnesiac. The synth sounds have been replaced by piano, and I must say it makes the track much more interesting. The final track is "True Love Waits", an unreleased song. It's a sad song featuring acoustic guitar playing and is a really good one, though not as interesting as some other tracks here.

Since I've got this album, I rarely listen to Amnesiac and Kid A. The songs are so much more enjoyable here and I don't get disturbed by bad tracks or filler. Classic Radiohead songs like "Morning Bell", "I Might Be Wrong" and "Dollars And Cents" are so much better here than they are on their respective studio albums. I rate this album with four stars, as it's a fantastic live performance. I don't feel good with rating this five stars, as I find it difficult to call a live performance a masterpiece.

The Sleepwalker | 4/5 |