Mayadome - Near Life Experience CD (album) cover

NEAR LIFE EXPERIENCE

Mayadome

Greger
4 stars This is the second release from the Swedish neo-classical progressive metal band MAYADOME. Their first album was called "Paranormal Activity" and it was released in 1996. I'm surprised that I haven't heard about them before, as they are very talented musicians and their music is technically blending and extremely tight. They also have an excellent singer, Bassel Elharbiti.

Their music is a mix between DREAM THEATER, HELLOWEEN, IRON MAIDEN, KING DIAMOND, Yngwie MALMSTEEN, PAIN OF SALVATION, POWER OF OMENS, VANDEN PLAS and QUEENSRYCHE.

My favourite tracks are "Praise Me For I Have Sinned", "Able to Feel" which contains a nice guest appearance by Tina Gunnarsson on vocals and "Near Life Experience".

I'm sure that MAYADOME got what it takes to be Sweden's next big music export in the progressive metal genre together with PAIN OF SALVATION. MAYADOME is a Near Life Experience!

Greger | 4/5 |