NEAR LIFE EXPERIENCE

Buy MAYADOME Music
Studio Album, released in 1999

1. Restorepair (7:21)
2. Scent Of Lilac (5:18)
3. Praise Me For I Have Sinned (6:31)
4. Able To Feel (8:50)
5. Pride Painted Grey (6:22)
6. Angina Closing In (6:44)
7. Near Life Experience (8:17)

Search MAYADOME Near Life Experience lyrics

Search MAYADOME Near Life Experience tabs

- Bassel Elharbiti / lead vocals
- Fredrik Kjorling / lead guitar
- Erik Grandin / bass
- Teddy Moller / drums & vocals
- Sebastian Okupski / keyboards

Siegen Records #SR-0013

MAYADOME MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAYADOME Near Life Experience Music

Near Life ExperienceNear Life Experience
Siegen Records 2010

More places to buy MAYADOME music online Buy MAYADOME & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAYADOME DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAYADOME Near Life Experience ratings distribution

MAYADOME Near Life Experience reviews

Review by Greger
4 stars This is the second release from the Swedish neo-classical progressive metal band MAYADOME. Their first album was called "Paranormal Activity" and it was released in 1996. I'm surprised that I haven't heard about them before, as they are very talented musicians and their music is technically blending and extremely tight. They also have an excellent singer, Bassel Elharbiti.

Their music is a mix between DREAM THEATER, HELLOWEEN, IRON MAIDEN, KING DIAMOND, Yngwie MALMSTEEN, PAIN OF SALVATION, POWER OF OMENS, VANDEN PLAS and QUEENSRYCHE.

My favourite tracks are "Praise Me For I Have Sinned", "Able to Feel" which contains a nice guest appearance by Tina Gunnarsson on vocals and "Near Life Experience".

I'm sure that MAYADOME got what it takes to be Sweden's next big music export in the progressive metal genre together with PAIN OF SALVATION. MAYADOME is a Near Life Experience!

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#25466) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 15, 2004

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Mayadome from Sweden is one of unfairly forgotten progressive metal bands from the '90. With two albums under their belts this band got in that period lots of aclaimed critics and was loved byt he fans, but somehow they didn't make it in prog metal scene. Near life experience is the second offer from 1999 issued at small label Siegen Records. Well, I got this album for years in my collection somehow I've forgott I have it and because of that I didn't make a review so far. This is impressive progressive metal, quite original in places, this is not another DT clone as may someone expected, this is pure prog metal without influences from power metal or symphonic metal, is progressive metal of the highest calibre and I really love it. Complex arrangements with lots of tempo changes, absolutly impressive instrumental sections, here are some of the best druming parts I've ever heared on a prog metal band, very elegant chops, complicated and full of intresting moments. The guitar is awesome and really keeps the album on another level and in combination with keyboards this release is really something to have in your collection. The musicianship overall is tight and very strong on every piece, but specially on first 4 pieces who are the strongest from here, fascinating instrumental sections. Aswell this album has a new voice of Bassel Elharbiti, who fiting perfectly into this type of music. All in all tracks like Scent Of Lilac with jaw dropping vocal parts , Praise Me For I Have Sinned or Able to feel are real winners in prog metal scene of the '90. Is sad because they disbanded in 2000 after only 2 albums released , the head of the band and main composer Teddy Möller formed a couple of years later another band named Lock Vostok a progressive metal band with moderate succes since now.. I really love this album and because of that I'll give 4 stars easy and recommended for sure, one of the best little known prog metal albums ever.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#933770) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 22, 2013

4 stars These Swedish Prog-Metallers went to ground for quite a lengthy time, and about a three year hiatus elapsed between their debut album ("Paranormal Activity", released in 1996) to the time their sophomore effort was unleashed. It was 1999 when MAYADOME emerged again with "Near Life Experience" ... (read more)

Report this review (#25467) | Posted by | Thursday, December 23, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MAYADOME "Near Life Experience"