Jethro Tull - Aqualung CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

friso
3 stars Jethro Tull - Aqualung

This is by the majority of fans seen as the best Jethro Tull album and it became a classic rock album with hits in the charts. From a progressive point of view it's qualities are overshadowed by the more progressive Thick as A Brick and some other albums that followed. Still this is a classic album for the rock genre with a lot of memorable great songs. It is also the first Tull album with clear folk compositions an less psychedelic influences. From this album I would like to mention the great emotional impact of My God.

There is actually little I have to say about this album. It's a good collection of tracks that are recorded very nice. Still it's current rating represents it's poplar qualities more then it's progressive quality. That's why I give it three stars, though it's an important classic rock album and a big step forward for the band.

friso | 3/5 |