Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition CD (album) cover

ANNO DOMINI HIGH DEFINITION

Riverside

Kassimatis
4 stars This is a stunning album. Though I miss the spacier feel in "Out of Myself" and "Second life Syndrome", as a metal lover, I do enjoy this progression to a heavier sound.

Great metal riffs in the first four tracks. The solo guitar work in "Driven to destruction" and "Egoist Hedonist" is just brilliant.

I love the concept - the protagonist attempts to make a desparate escape from the ADHD-like insanity of our modern, technology-saturated life.

That opening riff in "Hybrid Times", incredible!! Still hits me even after four years and countless spins.

Why can't I bump this one up to 5? There is room for contrast in this album, it is basically crunch after crunch with the exception of the opening of 'Left Out'.

A round of applause for an album of almost perfect compositional execution.

4.2 stars