Solaris - Marsbéli Krónikák (The Martian Chronicles) CD (album) cover

MARSBÉLI KRÓNIKÁK (THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES)

Solaris

Menswear
5 stars Martians and spaceship included.

Oh little album, where have you been all this time? How could you slip between my careful fingers when I was lingering for a new rush of progressive music? Now I got you, and I'm not letting you go.

Boy am I h-a-p-p-y to own this record. Blend Camel, Eloy and Sinkadus together and still you have something 100% original at the time. The flute is really good, and I mean melodic. Not spitten like Jethro Tull or Focus but gentle and serving the melody, not doing a feverish solo. Each song is not following the last one, but every time to have the urge to press the repeat button; they're all good but going in the same direction; which means you have your main ingredients repeating but each song is a beauty. Never bored.

25 years ago, Solaris gave birth to a classic with punch, grace and cosmic factor...without the Marillion syndrome! Since Eloy and the Floyd were out of fuel, in the 80's Solaris gave the listener a great sci-fi time, with Andy Latimer guitar riffs and Clive Nolan keyboards.

Recommended like barbecue ribs in Georgia.

Menswear | 5/5 |