Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (3 -

PETER GABRIEL (3 - "MELT")

Peter Gabriel

Rune2000
Prog Metal Team
5 stars I doubt that Gabriel will ever again release an album as wild and adventurous as this one! The previous statement can be considered both a good thing, since Peter Gabriel 3 - "Melt" will always remain a unique album and bad one since... well I'm sure that you can name the reasons yourself.

Although Biko is considered somewhat of a classic I never really truly love that track and instead turned my attention to the great album opener Intruder, the mellow and subtle Family Snapshot and my all-time favorite Gabriel composition beautifully titled Lead A Normal Life. Besides the music my second favorite thing about this album is the cover art which I completely adore. In fact, I love it so much that I even purchased a vinyl copy of the record and hanged it up on a wall. This have shocked a few of my friends but so far no negative remarks or any critique has been addressed towards this my choice my fine art gallery.

This release made Gabriel an artist in his own right leaving Genesis sound far behind. A definitive Art-Rock masterpiece and a must have in you progressive rock music collection!

***** stars songs: Intruder (4:54) No Self-Control (3:55) Family Snapshot (4:28) Games Without Frontiers (4:06) Not One Of Us (5:22) Lead A Normal Life (4:14)

**** star songs: Start (1:21) I Don't Remember (4:41) And Through The Wire (5:00) Biko (7:32)

Total Rating: 4,60