Deep Purple - In Rock CD (album) cover

IN ROCK

Deep Purple

Proto-Prog

squire4001
5 stars A masterpiece from 70┤s in the Hard rock scene!!!

Yes, easily this is my FAVORITE album from the MK II, and this is the first release from them in the studio, wow the album has a great opener Speed King has a heavy riff intro,so many bands in heavy metal nowadays surely were influenced by this one and the whole album.

Each track is a worth add to this album we have various tracks with heavy riffs and others with softs riff but wow a great length on each one. Of course my favorite track here is Child in time (obviously) why? well this song is just amazing, I love the intro and after comes the vocals, and then we have a jam in the guitar solo, so we back to the vocals part and finally a darker outro.

Maybe that was the perfect description for the song, and the rest of the tracks well i just was amazed when i listened the album for the first time. It blew my mind. So if you want to start in the Purple┤s world, i┤d recommend to start with this one, but if you dont like a lot the screamings and heavy riffs, so this is not for you at least to start.

If you listen the hard rock trinity ( In rock , Led Zep IV and Paranoid) of the 70┤s, Surely you will be enjoying the hard rock genre with some elements in Prog rock genre on it.

Worthy 5/5 starts!!