Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition CD (album) cover

4 stars One 100-carat diamond surrounded by smaller brilliant cuts... The highlights and novelty of this production are the excellent dynamic rythms used, and the burning rock organs that send me in heaven.

I will start from LEFT OUT: this is marking ADHD indelibly. It gives me goose-flesh as more and more I listen to it. It is so cinematographic in how the story, or the feeling, of one excluded, are related to music that hardly I can find similar examples. I can almost see in front of me, as the song start, one guy walking at dusk in small city streets (a long distance siren is heard), on its own feelings and thoughts, eyes on his toes. At 3:03 Marius sings "could have been so wonderful..." and a light keyboard melody starts...bringing the listener to the "dream" section of the song, soon after punctuated by nice guitar. At around 6:00, the dream gets to an end, and the music gets a relevant mood too. At 7:50 Riverside pays homage to loved Pink Floyd, with a bass pounding that goes back to "One of these days" and even "Shine on you..."part 2. An absolute piece of music, unforgettable!

Briefly, as I'm getting lazy, the other ones show a heavier side, with excellent ventures in rithmic dynamics, good if you want to hear your player rock!!! To be really noticed the horn-like (synth or real?) section in "Egonist Hedonist"

Rating: 1. Hyperactive (7/10) 2. Driven To Destruction (8/10) 3. Egoist Hedonist (8,5/10) 4. Left Out (10/10) 5. Hybrid Times (8,5/10) Average = 4.2 - excellent album, for sure. So many moments to enjoy on this. Kudos RIVERSIDE!

ingmin68 | 4/5 |