Tool - Salival CD (album) cover

Tool

Experimental/Post Metal

Rune2000
Prog Metal Team
3 stars Salival was definitely not the live album I was expecting after the band's first masterpiece Ænima but it definitely have aged well over the years and sounds better today than what it did upon its release.

The biggest disappointment for me here is the set-list featured on this album since there are only two tracks from Ænima and both of them sound completely different from their source material. I think that the cover of the Led Zeppelin song No Quarter was a very appropriate here since it creates the analogy to Led Zeppelin's first live album. In other words Salival is basically the live album we weren't expecting, just like Led Zeppelin's album The Song Remains The Same.

A good, but non-essential release that has become somewhat of a holy grail in Tool's discography.

**** star songs: Third Eye (14:05) Pushit (13:56) Merkaba (9:49) L.A.M.C / Maynard's Dick (10:53)

*** star songs: Part Of Me (3:32) Message To Harry Manback II (1:14) You Lied (9:47) No Quarter (11:12)

Rune2000 | 3/5 |